End of the Age News
By Dave Robbins
What is a blood moon?
A lunar eclipse occurs when the earth passes between the sun and the moon. This blocks the sun’s rays from reflecting off the moon as normal. However, some of the sun’s rays curve around the earth causing the moon to appear red during a total eclipse. Because of its vivid color, a total lunar eclipse is often referred to by NASA as a Blood Red Moon.
The occurrence of blood moons is quite common, normally happening at least twice per year. Most of us have seen the moon when its appearance has changed to red.
When four blood moons happen in close succession, NASA refers to this as a tetrad. Tetrads are rather rare, only taking place fifty-five times since 1 AD.
The teaching of the four blood moons has recently captivated the attention of the religious world. This teaching states that, when four consecutive blood moons fall on Jewish feast days, a major event affecting the Jewish people will occur in close proximity to that time.
This phenomenon of four consecutive blood moons coinciding with Jewish feast days has only occurred ten times since 1 AD and only three times since 1492 AD.
The three times since 1492 are as follows:
- Tetrad of 1493-1494
- Tetrad of 1949-1950
- Tetrad of 1967-1968
Major events affecting the Jewish people have occurred in close proximity to all three of these tetrads.
- The Spanish Inquisition took place in 1492 just before the tetrad of 1493-1494
- The nation of Israel reborn on May 14, 1948 just before the tetrad of 1949-1950
- The city of Jerusalem was reunited during tetrad of 1967-1968
Three tetrads on feast days = Major Jewish events
The only three tetrads matching feast days in the last 500 years have all fallen remarkably close to major events in Jewish history.
Now, it’s about to happen for a fourth time!
According to NASA, a 4 blood moon series will occur on:
- April 15, 2014—Passover
- October 8, 2014—Feast of Tabernacles
- April 4, 2015—Passover
- September 28, 2015—Feast of Tabernacles
Some prophecy teachers are declaring boldly that this tetrad just ahead signals that something is getting ready to happen, which will change the world forever.
The question is, “Are these 4 blood moons a sign that a significant prophetic fulfillment will occur?”
Well, all we can do is teach what the Bible says. We know that the next two prophetic events on God’s prophetic timeline are:
- A peace treaty will be signed between Israel and the Palestinians, which will mark the beginning of the final seven years to the Battle of Armageddon and the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. (Daniel 9:27)
- A world war will be fought that will kill one-third of all of mankind. (Revelation 9:13-21)
We know beyond all shadow of a doubt that both of these prophecies will occur in the near future. Is God giving us this series of 4 blood moons as a sign? At this time, all we can do is wait and see.
Read Irvin’s thoughts on the matter: Sign of the Four Blood Moons